Laser treatment with key and diode laser
“Mommy, mommy, he didn’t drill at all!”
As early as 2001, one year after the practice was founded, we at Luisenplatz recognized the advantages of laser treatment in dentistry. As one of the first dental practices in Germany, we decided to purchase two different laser devices in order to really cover all aspects of surgery and tooth preparation.
The Key laser is our patient favorite because it allows us to prepare fillings “contact-free”, so to speak. This is an invaluable advantage, especially when treating children.
Mechanical drilling and the associated unpopular noises and vibrations, as well as the much-feared syringe for anesthesia, are now a thing of the past.
In minor surgical procedures and periodontal treatments, there is virtually no bleeding and there is no longer any need for stitches. And where there is no suturing, there is no need to remove stitches!
The spectrum of the laser light is specially composed and can distinguish between soft and hard substance. This eliminates the possibility of injuring the gums when preparing the tooth. Another advantage of the laser is the easier detection of even hidden caries due to the bright light. The precise handling of the laser also means that considerably less tooth substance is removed than with conventional “drilling”.
Which application areas can be covered with key and diode lasers?
- Caries preparation
- Exposure of implants, no second surgery is necessary!
- Periodontal treatment
- Root canal treatment (decontamination of root canals)
- Root apex resection
- Immediate sterilization for all surgical procedures.
- Treatment of herpes, aphthae, fibromas or abscesses
- Removal of gingival growths
- Removal of lip frenulum (diastema) without suture!
- Modelling of the gingiva (the gum line)
- Extended fissure fusion (with ie)
- Desensitization of hypersensitive tooth necks
New dimensions with the laser
“Mommy, mommy, he didn’t drill at all!”
Many patients find the “drilling noises” and vibrations when preparing teeth unpleasant and off-putting. With the Key laser, it is possible to remove caries defects without drilling. The light of the Key laser for caries treatment has a special composition (spectrum), which makes it possible to distinguish between hard and soft substance. This means that the tooth itself can be treated, but not the gums. This completely eliminates the risk of injury. The bright light now also makes it possible to diagnose and treat caries, which were previously barely visible to the human eye.
- laser drilling is a non-contact drilling without any application of force
- with laser dental treatment, even hard-to-reach places can be reached
- disturbing noises and vibrations are a thing of the past with laser dental treatment
- The duration of the treatment is greatly reduced, there is less pain, because the nerve fibers are hardly irritated.
- Laser dental treatment, i.e. drilling with a laser, is gentler on tissue and tooth.
- Laser dental treatment additionally kills bacteria that are responsible for the development of caries
Laser treatment at the dentist can be used for the following indications, among others:
- During a caries preparation
- For periodontal treatment
- During a root tip resection, with much less effort
- During sterilization and drying of the root canal, endodontics, laser dental treatment is also advantageous for the dentist and the patient equally
- For immediate sterilization during all surgical procedures
- Laser dental treatment also helps in uncovering implants
- When removing herpes, aphthae, fibromas or abscesses, a laser from a dentist with experience can be enormously helpful
- When removing proliferating gums, a professional laser dental treatment helps in a gentle way
- In the case of diastema, i.e. the treatment of lip frenulum, a laser from the dentist is gentle in its application
- In the case of impacted (displaced) wisdom teeth, a laser dental treatment helps quickly and effectively
- A laser at the dentist’s is also a helpful instrument in modulating the gingiva
- In the case of fissure sealing, a laser assists the dentist so that he can perform the sealing in a gentle manner
- In the desensitization of hypersensitive necks of teeth, the technique is also advantageous
This quickly means goodbye to bleeding! Because another invaluable advantage of laser treatment at the dentist is that severe bleeding is a thing of the past. As a result, wounds no longer need to be sutured and there are no more annoying stitches to pull during laser dental treatment! Would you like to learn more about the use of lasers at the dentist? Then contact us by e-mail or give us a call. We will be happy to answer all your questions about professional laser treatment at the dentist.